Class Action World is an independent site dedicated to providing attorneys, investors, consumers, and other interested parties with free and timely class action related information and class action news, and it is continuously updated.
Here, investors, consumers, and victims of personal injury, defective products, medical malpractice, employment discrimination and mass fraud and recklessness can:
- Discover everything there is to know about class action lawsuits, personal injury lawsuits, defective products lawsuits, medical malpractice lawsuits, employment lawsuits and the lawyers and law firms involved, whether the lawsuit is pending or settled.
- Receive news and information concerning claims asserted in a class action lawsuit directly from class action attorneys representing plaintiffs and class action attorneys representing defendants.
- Provide feedback on experiences with specific class action law firms whether related to a class action lawsuit or not.
- Express and exchange views with others concerning a particular class action lawsuit, asserted claims, mediation, loss recovery, class action news, class action settlement issues, and other issues impacting contemplated, pending or settled class actions.
- Acquire valuable news and information regarding the early warning signs of fraud, investigation of potential class action lawsuits, product safety matters, or other matters that may adversely impact specific investments or lead to a securities class action, an antitrust class action, or a consumer class action.
- Anonymously provide litigation counsel with information relevant to a contemplated or pending securities class action lawsuit, consumer class action lawsuit, or antitrust class action lawsuit.
- View the same litigation related case documents that plaintiffs' attorneys and defendants' attorneys furnish to the courts in connection with pending and settled class action lawsuits, including copies of the class action complaint, amended class action complaint, motion to dismiss the amended class action complaint, memorandum of law in support of the motion to dismiss the amended class action complaint, reply brief in opposition to the motion to dismiss the amended class action complaint, notices, court opinions, order of appointment of lead plaintiff, scheduling order, class action settlement agreement, attorney fee application, and more
- Learn what the courts have said about prominent class action attorneys and class action law firms and their handling of specific class action lawsuits.
- Engage the services of a lawyer.
In addition, attorneys can:
- Efficiently and effectively disseminate class action notices, class action alerts, class action forms, class action complaints, class action settlement documents, and other information or news concerning a pending or settled class action lawsuit to the consumer and investment community.
- Discreetly and economically impart class action news and information concerning litigation status or attorney actions, and communicate with consumers and investors regarding pending and potential class action lawsuits.
- Inform the investment community that a class action lawsuit has been filed, that claims set forth in a class action complaint have withstood a motion to dismiss, or that litigation has ceased and a class action settlement has been negotiated.
- Use a message board to learn about claims asserted in a particular class action lawsuit, to obtain or disseminate class action news and class action information, and to communicate with referring class action attorneys regarding a particular class action litigation, court decisions, research, discovery, experts, and more.
- Monitor ratings and complaints regarding the professional practice of class action law firms and comments concerning specific class action lawyers, whether related to a class action lawsuit or not.
- Obtain timely and valuable investment news, consumer information, class action news, and litigation related information.
- Communicate with others in their field of specialty to solicit or provide assistance with regard to class action pleadings, litigation research, class action settlement data, litigation related news, class action information, or other matters of import regarding a particular class action lawsuit.
- Locate litigation experts, fraud examiners, damage experts, claim analysts, investigators, court reporters, and other professionals throughout the nation to provide litigation related assistance.
Our staff monitors class action settlements and new class action court filings, and updates our litigation case files daily to reflect settlements, newly identified complaints and other pleadings, including those involving securities fraud or violation of antitrust, ERISA, price-fixing, or consumer protection laws. We endeavor to keep our information, our recently filed class action cases and our recently settled class action cases up to date. In addition, Class Action World maintains a message board where issues impacting class action litigation, product safety, product recalls, mass torts, tort reform, class action regulation, trial lawyers, class action settlements, antitrust issues, consumer class actions, securities class actions and other class action related topics may be discussed. Class Action World also maintains a law firm rating area which enables you to provide feedback regarding your experience with a specific class action attorney or a specific class action law firm.
Unclaimed cash is an annoyance to the courts, and unclaimed cash is a very real issue for the claim administrators and disbursing agents who are charged with the responsibility of distributing class action settlement money to harmed individuals. With each passing year, the aggregated total of unclaimed cash that was earmarked for distribution from class action settlement cash escrow accounts increases. This occurs because the intended recipients of the class action settlement proceeds did not know that the unclaimed money was waiting for them and, therefore, they failed to fill out a claim form upon settlement of the lawsuit. By providing timely class action settlement information and access to settlement claim forms, Class Action World hopes to reduce the incidence of unclaimed cash.
It is assumed that most visitors to Class Action World will be interested in learning about a settled, contemplated, or pending class action litigation matter, because they were personally injured in some manner. However, not every class action lawsuit is meritorious. For example, defense counsel may raise a convincing argument that the injury cannot be directly linked to the actions of the defendants, and that they are due to circumstances or other factors beyond the control of the defendants. In this regard, in the performance of their duties, defense counsel may provide information regarding a host of issues which may add new dimensions of understanding or clarify certain facts bearing on the class action lawsuit.
Class Action World believes that a balanced presentation of the issues present in any class action litigation is important. It enables one to assess the merits of the claims set forth in a class action complaint, and the reasonableness of a given class action settlement. Class Action World, therefore, welcomes the views and comments of defendants' counsel.
Registration is free, simple, and takes only a few minutes.
Class Action World is not owned, operated, or under the control of any attorney of any law firm, or any other business that has a direct or indirect financial interest in the prosecution or outcome of any class action litigation. It is not affiliated with and receives no referral fees from any attorney or any law firm. Class Action World is an independent and objective resource dedicated to providing free and timely class action related news and information to the public.
Note that Class Action World does not take any position on any class action, and Class Action World does not offer opinions or advice on any class action. Moreover, Class Action World is not associated with any law firm and receives no compensation from law firms for referrals. All law firms receiving certification forms or plaintiff contact information from Class Action World are selected solely based upon the following criteria:
- Prior experience. For example, if an individual action or class action involves a failure to pay overtime, Class Action World will search for law firms that have previously litigated this issue.
- Cost Mitigation. For example, if an individual action or class action involves a New York company, Class Action World will search for law firms in the New York region in order to minimize the amount of the attorneys' reimbursable (from the class members' settlement fund) air travel, hotel, and other costs.
- Prior Results. We evaluate prior class action settlement results (weeding out those law firms who, in our view, favor quick small dollar or coupon settlements in order to collect a quick legal fee).
- Attorney Fees. We weed out those law firms whose fees we consider to be excessive in relation to the benefits to members of the class.
- Use Of Experts. We weed out those law firms using in-house "experts" (to generate incremental law firm revenue) as opposed to hiring the most qualified outside experts.
- Law Firm Size And Case Load. We have observed that the size of a law firm does not ordinarily matter (there are numerous small law firms that do outstanding work), although its case load does matter. We, therefore, assess the law firm's class action case load to evaluate whether or not the law firm will be able to properly and expediently litigate the new class action matter.